Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans - Touring Missouri Wine Country

Sami's Shenanigans

What a gorgeous weekend in Missouri!  Is it ok that I started my Shenanigans on Thursday?
LJE and I have been together for almost 10 years, and on Thursday night we FINALLY had actual pictures taken (not snapshots on a waterproof camera, etc.)  We were SOOO lucky to be photographed by the wonderfully talented Jessica Santo from www.pouphotography.com.....

 

Peace of You Photography is located in Kansas City, Missouri.  Jessica is another of my talented daughters.  She is currently cooking (that's what Reese says) our 8th grand-baby...


Isn't she just darling?  (Lucy Wynn - expected to arrive Mid July)

Friday night Jay and I took off on the Harley for a weekend of Wine in picturesque Hermann, MO....



You know what they say, if you don't like the weather in Missouri, wait a few hours.  So of course, this happened....


We were very thankful to see this abandoned gas station - we dried off and got back on the road. 


We finally reached our destination.  We stayed at the lovely Patty Kerr's Cottage.  www.pattykerr.com ($125 a night and includes an AMAZING breakfast delivered to your door at 8:45 am)....



Then we relaxed at The Bank.  (Is this not the most beautiful Rumchata Martini you have ever seen?)


Later that afternoon, I found this beautiful rosebush.  I tried my photography skills - what do you think? LJE picked a rose for me, saying "Lisa, will you accept this rose?"  He did.  He really did.  He will deny it. But it's true.



Now on to the winery tour - we traveled by trolley....





First stop, Stone Hill Winery.....


My favorite wine at Stone Hill - Vignoles..... 

Next stop, Adam Puchta Winery (one of my favorites).  This is LJE enjoying his weekend, deep in thought...



My favorite wine at Adam Puchta Winery is The Cat's Meow (as seen in the picture).


Moving on....we landed at Oak Glenn Winery.  This was our TOP PICK.  It is a beautiful winery overlooking the Missouri River.  We stayed the rest of the day....



My favorite wine at Oak Glenn was Moonbeam Melody.  It had a wonderful Pineapple Bouquet (yes, I am such a wine snob).  If I win the lottery, I will have a case delivered to all my followers.




As I browsed a gift shop at one of the wineries, I came across a coffee-table book entitled "Wines of Missouri".  There inside the pages was a picture of my favorite Vintner, a very young Kraig Keeseman working at Pirtle Winery in Weston, MO.  Kraig now owns Windy Wine Company - as you all know - my favorite winery of all time.  (www.windywine.com)

Heading home on Monday was not as fun as we would have liked.  Imagine my surprise when Jay pulled off the highway right into the Les Bourgeois parking lot in Rocheport, Missouri.  How lucky am I?  The best wine there - Jacquesse Kikn Berry.  Yumm-o. (Yes I had one sample.  But I was not driving the Harley so this is A-ok)



After a brief rainstorm, we got back on the road and ended up at a fireworks/gas station (yes, im Missouri it is not uncommon to find gas stations that also sell fireworks.  I never thought this was a bad combination until I typed it..now I am questioning the brains behind this combo)...



Not nearly as romantic, and they didn't sell wine - but at least we had company!

I met a biker at this stop, his name is Chuck and he and his buddies were returning from their Memorial Ride to the Wall (memorialride.com).  I thanked him for his service to our country.  God placed the the perfect person in front of me in a rainstorm.  We all need to keep things in perspective.

Have a Wine-derful week!

(We do not drink and drive the bike.  All wine and other beverages were consumed while walking or on the trolley. <3 <3)
















2 comments:

Jen @ That's What She Read said...

can we have a mother daughter weekend that looks just like this? except the bike. I prefer being chauferred around in the AC please :)

Unknown said...

Anything for you my darling......anything....