Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Review, A Rumor, A Disappointment and A Dream - where do I begin?


There is so much going on in Hollywood,  I hardly know where to begin!   
So…in no particular order:



We’re The Millers             Rated R                1 hr. 40 minutes





In We're the Millers, Jason Sudeikis plays David, a small-time pot dealer who sells to local soccer moms. Always trying to keep a low profile, he is forced to take on a gang of gutter punks and losers. Having lost his pot AND all his cash to these hoodlums, he becomes a drug smuggler to help out his supplier played by Ed Helms. Lucky for us, he is able to convince his stripper/neighbor Rose to go along and play his “wife-next-door." Rose is played by Jennifer Aniston.  You can thank the casting director for Aniston. She is simply amazing.  Will Poulter and Emma Roberts tag along pretending to be their kids and the adventure begins. 
Lots of laughs for sure but don’t feel bad if you wait until this one comes out on DVD.   No matter how you see it, make sure you stick around for the bloopers. Some of the funniest parts will be found there.





What's That Jack?



Hollywood is abuzz over a report that Jack Nicholson has retired from show business.  RadarOnline reports “memory issues” behind this decision.  However, don’t count him out just yet. This gossip hasn’t been confirmed.  The actor's name quickly became a trending topic on Twitter as fans panicked over the prospect of one of the greatest living American actors exiting stage left.  In typical Hollywood fashion however,  a separate source told NBC News that reports of Nicholson’s demise were greatly exaggerated.  Even if the three-time Academy Award winner hasn’t officially retired however, it certainly has been a while since fans have seen him on the big screen.  A rep for the actor has not responded to a request for comment. (Thanks www.nydailynews.com)    

Personally, I think his best recent performance was this little exchange with Miss Lawrence at the Oscars:  (feel free to stop watching when Hathaway shows up)






And last but certainly not least – we got THIS news:


Dakota Johnson and Charlie Hunnam Cast as Leads in Fifty Shades of Grey

I panicked when I googled this Hunnam character and was met with this:



I mean seriously this guy looks NOTHING like Christan Grey. I was beyond upset!! But upon further research, I came across this version. Yes this is the same man…and my pulse slowed (or raced, depending on what you mean...wink wink..)


All of this happened Sunday mid-morning, while I was on the back of the Harley.  I tried to tell Jay the seriousness of the situation, but he refused to pull over so I could calmly do my research.  I am sure those who saw me on the bike thought I was having a seizure or had lost my mind.  It was so stressful trying to Tweet and Google while going 70 mph on a bike!!
Let’s just hope the latter picture is who shows up to play Christian Grey.  

If you know me, you know I was rooting for Dylan McDermott.  Sigh.  It wasn’t meant to be.  Who knows, maybe he will get cast as Christian’s sexy Dad, Carrick. A girl can dream, can't she? 





I am really looking forward to screening Don Jon next week. How convenient that the screening is the eve of my birthday?! After watching the trailer, you'll agree that this is the best possible way to celebrate my birthday, especially since my daughters will be going with me! 



My BFF Bridget and I really, really want to go to the Oscars in 2014.  Think we can make it happen?  I sure do.  Be sure and check back often and follow me on Twitter @take2review to see how close we can come to making this dream come true.  We are pretty resourceful girls!









No comments: