Thursday, June 4, 2015

Entourage - The Boys Answer to Sex In The City


Whether or not you were a fan of the HBO Series Entourage, you won’t be disappointed by this big screen adaptation.  Lavish living, over-sexed beautiful people and life-long bromances make for a hilarious –and very raunchy – movie.



All the actors from the series are back – but it is Jeremy Piven (stressed out Ari Gold) who shines on the big screen.  He was absolutely fantastic. 



 Kevin Dillon’s Johnny Drama also has a very charming moment in the movie.  This was a Hail Mary because he annoyed the hell out of me for 99% of the movie.



Let’s talk a minute about Adrian Grenier (the kind hearted heartthrob Vince).  What a gorgeous man!  I think I may have to move my Eddie Redmayne poster and make some room.  I could watch him all day.  Don’t you agree?



There are far too many cameos in Entourage to list here, but Kelsey Grammer storming out of a marriage counseling session was one of my favorites. 

Haley Joel Osment – the little kid from Sixth Sense – does a believable job as a spoiled rich manchild trying to sabotage Ari and Vince’s multi-million dollar movie project. 

The one mis-step in  Entourage was the acting job of Billy Bob Thornton.  Because Slingblade is one of my Top Five movies of all time, I hold Billy Bob to pretty high standards.  I was very, very disappointed in his acting job this time. What a bummer.  



Overall, I loved the movie, laughed out loud at all the inappropriate jokes, and was really glad I went. 


I will give this one three Joes.

No comments: