Wednesday, June 12, 2013

This Is The End - Opens Today!

If you do only one thing this weekend (or tonight for that matter) - let it be this:  you MUST see "This Is The End".  As I tweeted Tuesday night, I laughed more while watching this movie than I have laughed in the past two years.  Raunchy.  Stupid.  Hysterical.

The comedy This Is The End follows six friends trapped in a house after a series of strange and catastrophic events devastate Los Angeles. As the world unravels outside, dwindling supplies and cabin fever threaten to tear apart the friendships inside. Eventually, they are forced to leave the house, facing their fate and the true meaning of friendship and redemption. (c) Sony  (courtesy of Rotten Tomatoes)

 Mommy Note:  This film is rated R for a reason (MPAA:  Rated R for crude and sexual content throughout, brief graphic nudity, pervasive language, drug use and some violence).  That is an understatement.  This one is NOT for the tweens.

 I give you "This Is The End":





"This is one of the most tasteless, ridiculous and funniest comedies of the 21st century.”
-Richard Roeper 

Richard said it best.    I mean how could they fail, check out this cast:

James Franco as ...
Jonah Hill as ...
Seth Rogen as...
Jay Baruchel as...
Danny McBride as
Craig Robinson as...
Michael Cera as...
Emma Watson as...

 Yes - you read that right.  All these comedic actors play themselves.  Or as Seth Rogan has pointed out in promotional interviews - a "version" of themselves.  

I really don't know what else to say - nothing I say will do it justice.  The trailer doesn't even do it justice.  This movie is flat out hysterical from start to finish.  And trust me - you will LOVE when you see who plays Danny McBride's ummm....dog.....I couldn't even believe my eyes.

Leave your taste at the ticket booth and enjoy the ride.



Follow me on twitter - @take2review
Like my facebook page:  Take2reviewchick
And of course, follow me on bloglovin

Is there a movie you want me to review, please let me know!



1 comment:

C said...

I've been dying to see this! Life has got in the way lately, but I hope to catch it before it leaves the theaters. I love this cast so, so much!