Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Hunger Games - Catching Fire

Katniss Everdeen has returned home safe after winning the 74th Annual Hunger Games along with fellow tribute Peeta Mellark. Winning means that they must turn around and leave their family and close friends, embarking on a "Victor's Tour" of the districts. Along the way Katniss senses that a rebellion is simmering, but the Capitol is still very much in control as President Snow prepares the 75th Annual Hunger Games (The Quarter Quell) - a competition that could change Panem forever. Written by Bianca Capetillo

Rated PG-13   146 minutes

Of course I loved this movie - I was a big fan of the books by Suzanne Collins and couldn't wait to seem them brought to life.  And bring them to life they did!!!


 If I had one complaint; it seemed far too long between movies.  Hunger Games was released in March of 2012, but it seems like it was forever ago!  I have since read the Divergent Trilogy, so let's just say I had trouble keeping my dystopian storylines straight..

Jennifer Lawrence, now an Oscar winning actress for her role in Silver Linings Playbook, is all grown up now.  What a difference One Year and One Oscar make:

Hunger Games Premier - 2012

Hunger Games: Catching Fire Premier - 2013  


As expected, the special effects were crazy good - and Effie's wardrobe was over the top.  I love Effie:
 


There were plenty of scary moments - those damn Baboon/Monkeys are just the worst.  I am sure they are somehow related to those flying monkeys from Oz that I hated so much.  Scariest things ever!  

I loved the casting of Philip Seymour Hoffman (one of my all time favorite actors) as Gamemaker Plutarch Heavensbee.  He did not disappoint.

Favorite Line of the Movie:

"You are going to smile & read the cards Effie gives you & we will all live happily ever after."~ Haymitch Abernathy to Peeta and Katniss before their big speech.

If only they would have listened....



No comments: