Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The Good Lie

Last week I had the honor of attending the Red Carpet Premier of "The Good Lie" in Olathe, KS.

Not everyone has heard about this movie - and if you have, I am sure you heard "it's a Reese Witherspoon movie."  This is a fantastic movie - and a very important one.  Check out the trailer:





I was able to speak with one of the films stars Ger Duany.  It's a good thing I met him BEFORE I saw the movie.  Had I waited until after, I probably would have acted a fool and hugged him and started bawling.


Duany was born in Sudan & was forcefully recruited as a child soldier.  At the age of 14 he fled Sudan and finally reached the United States at age 16.  He is an actor and international model and tells his own personal story in the documentary "Ger:  To Be Separate".

Tune into KQTV Thursday during Live@Five to watch our interview.

This movie was wonderful.  The actors - like Ger above - are true Sudanese Refugees - their emotions were so real - man it was powerful stuff.

Everyone should go see this movie - take your families - have important discussions afterwards.

We as Americans are so incredibly blessed.  We really have no idea.

Follow me on facebook and twitter @take2review 
Tune in to KQTV every Thursday to Live at Five for my weekly movie reviews.

I would love to hear from you!




No comments: