Saturday, March 9, 2013

Top Ten Movies - A Manly Perspective

Since my first blog was about MY favorite movies of all time, I thought I should share a male perspective.  For that, I turned to my BFF and Lover, Jay Erdman.  He could only come up with one movie.  The Outlaw Josey Wales.

 
No kidding....he could only name one movie.  From 1976.  He would have been 16 years old when he saw this movie.  (He went to see Brokeback Mountain with me, but I doubt he's brave enough to list it here.) 
 
 
So I decided to ask around.  Turns out, a new friend of mine, Mark Antle (owner of the classic Leibowitz Fine Menswear), also happens to be a movie buff.  Who knew?  I asked him to come up with his top ten movies of all time.  So without further ado:
 
 
Mark's Top Ten Movies of All Time (in no particular order)
 
 
1.  The Godfather - 1972 - Starring Marlon Brando and Al Pacino
 

 
 
2. Jaws - 1975 - Directed by Stephen Spielberg 
 
  
 
3.  Raiders Of The Lost Ark - 1981 - Starring Harrison Ford
 

 
4.  Stand By Me - 1986 - River Phoenix (I also loved this movie.)
 
 
5.  Pyscho - 1960 - Directed by Alfred Hitchcock & starring Anthony Perkins & Janet Leigh
 

6.  Tombstone - 1993 - Starring Kurt Russell, Sam Elliott & Val Kilmer



7.  Jurassic Park - 1993 - Mark's second Stephen Spielberg movie to make the list.

 
8.  The Lord of the Rings The King Returns - 2003 - (Film 3 of the Trilogy)
 

9.  It's a Wonderful Life - 1946 - Jimmy Stewart
 
 
10.  The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance - 1962 - Another Jimmy Stewart film - PLUS John Wayne
 
 

So there you have it. A man's vote. I bet every man in America has a John Wayne film in his top ten. At least any man with taste.
Thanks, Mark for letting me into you world!
 
 

No comments: